Thursday, May 3, 2012

15 Days?? Really??

So as I was looking at blogs tonight I saw that my little Baby Ticker thing on the side bar says that I only have 15 days left til my due date...wait, what?? Crazy! I'm not sure where the time has gone but it sure has gone by super fast.

I went in today for my weekly check up and I've gained 16 pounds total, I'm dilated to a 2 and 75% effaced with baby boys head sittin' nice and low at a 0 station (right at the cervix). Even with my weekly check ups I'm still in a little bit of denial that I'll most likely have another little baby to hold in the next few weeks. I'm still comfortable and still sleeping good so I'm cool with this baby baking in there for another few weeks. Don't get me wrong, we are so excited to have this baby but for some reason I'm content with where I am.

For those of you who have had a baby, remember that "nesting" phase you go through where you work like a mad woman getting things cleaned and prepared for your new little ones arrival? Yeah. I haven't done a single thing.  The car seat is still sitting at the top of our garage storage and all of Ethan's spit up stained clothes are still sitting in their designated bins. Has the lack of motivation happened to any of you other moms out there or am I just lazy?
Honestly, I think that by the end of the night I'm just too tired to muster up the ability to do it. Justin has been out of town and by the time I rally the kids upstairs, intervene with the ongoing sibling rivalry, motivate them to pick up all their toys, get them ready for bed, read books, and say prayers, I am exhausted and just want to vege out on the couch! Is that so bad?

Speaking of Justin out of town, I really hope that I don't have this baby too early. He comes back tomorrow from Costa Rica, then next week he is with the Peruvians and then he is gone Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of the next week (the same week I'm due!!) to Mexico. I know, crazy right? So I'm probably the only prego woman out there hoping I don't go early.  If I do, at least this isn't my first rodeo and I'm prepared to give birth by myself if needs be (hopefully not though!) I know Justin would really love to be there and would feel really bad if he missed it so I'll so my best at remaining pregnant as long as he's gone. :)

As for a belly picture, one of my friends is trying to build her photography business and wanted to use me and my big belly for some maternity pictures! So this Saturday I'll take some maternity pictures and will post them on here (only if I don't look too ginormous:) This will be my first time doing this so it should be fun! Stay tuned for some photos!

I just went back and read what I wrote and I hope it doesn't sound like I'm complaining, ungrateful, or not excited for this sweet little baby's arrival. Really, I am feeling wonderful and count my blessings everyday that I can still go to the gym, play and go swimming with my kids even while being big and pregnant. We really are so, so, SO excited to meet this little boy and add another bundle of complete joy to our family. I was talking to a sweet friend the other day who was going through her first miscarriage and she was asking me how I have gone through 4 of those. I told her that I would do it all over again just to have one more sweet little miracle join our family and it's true, I would. In a heartbeat.
All that heartache is worth the joy of being able to be parents to even one of Heavenly Father's precious  children, and we have almost 3! How lucky and blessed are we?!

Anyway, I know a post is never fun to read without pictures so sorry! I'll try to post some this weekend!


4 comments:

Brittney said...

Only 16 pounds?! That's amazing! And about that nesting phase... I never got it. I was the same- so exhausted after coming home from long days at work and then running errands that I just collapsed every night on the couch. To this day I still don't truly comprehend the "nesting" phase since I never went through that... although I wish I had so I wouldn't have had to clean my house and finish getting things together as I was in labor! ha.

Kayla and Joshua said...

You are such a inspiration! Only 16 lbs, that is amazing!! I really can't wait to see your "big belly pregnancy picture" because I have a feeling it's going to look like you ate a big lunch, that's it. I think it's awesome how incredibly active you still are. A girl at my work is prego with her first and has PUPP (sounds insanely miserable) and gestational diabetes and has "eaten a really really big lunch" haha. It's so crazy how eveeryone's pregnancy is different! I'm always learning new things and I always have new things to look forward to, or to not look forward too! Anyways I really hope you don't have to give birth alone (again?!?!?!) Good luck with the next 15 days! :)

Summer Naylor said...

No Ashleigh, you are not bad for being too tired for the nesting syndrome! I did it a little bit too this last time. I think that it happens when you have other kids to care for during the day. I know I need my vedge time at the end of the day more now that I have two, and I can imagine that the next pregnancy I will feel more lazy. It's normal. Hope the timing if right for delivery with Justin there!

Jamie said...

i went through the same non nesting thing withe megan (my third) - but defiently made up for it with madison! I thought it was great with Megan though becasue I gave my mom , sister, and husband a to - do list from my hospital bed and sent my mother in law shopping for everything on my list. When megan and I came home from the hospital, everyting was washed, organized, set up and/or put away.