We've always made fun at how tiny our backyard is but surprisingly, it seems much bigger now that it is finally finished!
Note* The sod took a beating from the wheelbarrow full of rocks, it looks much better now...
Since we will either be selling or renting our house out once we move this summer, we wanted to make it look more marketable but yet still simple and easy for the next homeowner/renter to take care of. Last Saturday, Justin and his brothers Davin & Jordan worked all day long planting plants, hauling 4 tons of rock from the front of the street to the back, and putting the finishing touches on everything.
We were so grateful for his brothers' help! They were so awesome to give up a Saturday and come help my husband do back-breaking work! As much as I think I am a pregnant super woman, I think hauling all that rock would have put me into labor so I just watched the kiddos all day :)
I love Bougainvillea and so I am excited for these to grow! We also planted some boxwoods and hibiscus plants.
Simple but classy right?!
Even though we have great parks nearby, we've been enjoying the backyard as well. The kids love to have races from one end of the yard to the other and blowing bubbles are always a hit.
And as much as we love our cute, small town and the people and friends in it, we are also excited to be moving in a few months. Here is a little sneak peak at what the home we are building will look like:
Even though the house is beautiful (and the backyard a bit bigger), it's more the neighborhood that we are excited about. White picket fences, our very own mailbox, gorgeous parks, a lake, and the whole area is 95% turf- unheard of in the Phoenix Valley!! I'll be sure to update more about it as time goes on!


4 comments:
oh that is a beautiful house! it looks so different, unlike most houses! I can't wait to see what it will look like once it's done. y'alls back yard seems, interesting. who would think to build a backayard like that? i'm glad the kids can still enjoy it. lol is there a way in and out of it?
Fun yard! And your house-to-be looks amazing!
i don't know why i thought y'all still lived in utah? that is pretty crazy to think that is the biggest back yard around there.
here in Missouri all the houses have like connecting yards just separated by a little picket fence, so ALL the houses are in neighborhoods that are completely full with house after house after house, which by the way all look identical. i am so use to having several acres of land, trees, BRICK beautiful houses. nope. stuck with a white or tan house that get confused with your neighbors. ugh! lol
Exciting about the house... looks great! Your family is just adorable and I love Ethan's smile that is so much like your husbands! Cute cute! And I love picture overload with cuties like yours! :)
Post a Comment