Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter!!

Warning: Picture Overload!
I actually made the effort to take some pictures and there were so many cute ones of the kids that I just couldn't narrow them down!

We had a fabulous Easter and started it off with seeing the Mesa Easter Pageant on Saturday night. For those of you who don't know what this is, it is this huge production of Jesus's life and ministry held on the Mesa Temple grounds. It is put on by our church (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints) and they do it every year in the weeks preceding Easter. It is very well done and there are people there from all different religions. Ethan was captivated by it. 

Sunday morning we all woke up late from the late night before and the kids found their Easter baskets. With all the billions of March birthdays in the family, I felt like our kids have had plenty of sugar lately so they received coloring books, bubble stuff, and Ellie got a little toy pony. I just love the Dollar Tree!
 The kids then went on their Easter egg hunt around the house. I was super lazy and didn't fill any eggs with candy but the kids didn't seem to mind.
 We have 1pm church so it was nice to just be lazy and spend time together as a family. Here are the kids all dressed in their Sunday best!
 After church we headed over to the Smith's house for dinner with Grandma and Grandpa Chapman. After a scrumptious dinner, we enjoyed the beautiful evening weather outside. AZ evenings and mornings are beautiful this time of year. Unfortunately, it is already starting to get hot during the day :( 

Have I mentioned just how much Ellie loves animals? She loves Kooter, the Smith's dog. 
 She is so sweet giving him kisses and I just try not to think about how dirty the dog is while she is loving on him. I really hope Justin's family will always supply our children with their animal fix since neither of us have any desire to get an animal any time soon!

Ellie LOVES her daddy!
And she is a jumping machine on the trampoline!
The static makes for some pretty awesome hair do's!
By the way, any ideas of how to tame a natural bowl cut/mullet? Gel works for a little while and then it just gets crazy!  :)

 Miss Ellie is so sweet and happy! Especially when she is outside!

I think she was meant to be raised on an acre or more of land. The first thing she does when she goes outside is throw off her shoes and run around like crazy! She will put up quite a fuss if you try to make her put her shoes back on. I say you gotta pick and choose your battles and she wins on this one :)
 Oh yes.. Hi Ethan. 

 Don't worry, I didn't forget that I had a son. 
 I just think he is such a little stud. He always has so much fun playing with all his aunts and uncles. They are so good to him and always make time to play and spend time with him. He is one lucky boy to have so many people love and adore him!

Justin's mom had cute Easter baskets for the kiddos filled with lots of goodies. The bubbles were a big hit!

And this is probably my new favorite picture. 

 Mostly because of this shot right here...
 Haha. It still makes me laugh every time I see it!

Jordan, Chay and Caryn wanted to do an Easter egg hunt for the kiddos and they were so kind to go out and hide all the eggs for the kids to find. 
After the hunt had commenced, there was some serious egg wars that took place. It started out just trying to crack each others ends to a full blown egg war with eggs being chucked at one another and smashed in the face. My husband may or may not have been the ring leader in it all :)

 And last but not least, there was a beautiful Arizona sunset which was the perfect way to end the night!
 Despite all the fun festivities, we know what the Easter season is really about and we thoroughly enjoy teaching our children about our Savior and His precious gift to us. Happy Easter everyone! 



4 comments:

Megan said...

I just got caught up on your last couple posts! And your family looks so cute. congrats on your move, your little one on the way, and the bows in your daughters hair! ha ha, She looks cute even without them too :) oh and I also love that you didn't put candy in the eggs. I totally should have done that.

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Them in their Sunday best, beautiful!

Heather Dayton said...

That sunset is beautiful! Your kids look adorable. I LOVE Ellie's dress! Looks like a fun Easter Sunday. :)

jeff and alli said...

Ashleigh, your kids are so cute. Happy Easter to you too!