This post will most likely be all over the place. I feel like I have some catching up to do and since it is 3:00 in the blessed AM, I promise nothing when it comes to this making a whole lot of sense :)
To start things off, can I complain? Is that allowed? Well, I'm going to anyways...I am miserable! I have had a cold for a few weeks that has now turned into a full blown sinus infection. I can't sleep (hence the 3AM blog post), I can't breathe, I have a nasty cough, I haven't been able to taste food for days, I'm nauseated from all the drainage, and to top it off, it feels like someone has punched me on both sides of my entire face. I can't sleep on my favorite side because the pressure hurts too bad on my face and sleeping on your back is not an option with a big baby in my tummy. I'm also exhausted during the day from not sleeping well (or at all) at night. I know, I know, it's just a sinus infection but I think I'd rather have food poisoning than have this. At least that way it's over and done with instead of dragging out the misery for weeks. I've been lathering myself with essential oils hoping it will help but honestly, I'm not seeing any improvement. You know it's bad when you put oregano right up to your nose and can't smell a darn thing :) I typically don't like taking any medications while pregnant but I think I'm pretty close to just caving in and getting some antibiotics. Yes, I am getting that desperate. It's not getting any better, only worse!
Ok, ok, I'll stop. I'm sure I'll look back on this tomorrow when my head is clearer and be embarrassed on how ungrateful I sound but for now, it's how I feel :) Speaking of feel, this little boy inside of me is an acrobat! There isn't a lot of room in there and he is definitely taking his half out of the middle! :) I went to the doctor today for a check up and everything looks great. He prefers my left side which means my stomach is being squished and I get full so much faster. It's ok, right now I can't taste the food anyways. But miraculously, I don't get any heartburn!
I stopped teaching Turbo Kick and our city league volleyball season has just ended. I miss both already but I know that since I'm not very good at taking it easy at either, it's probably a good thing. After teaching Turbo, I was waking up in the morning feeling like I was hit by a semi so my hubby convinced me that it was time to stop. I'm still hitting the gym though and feeling great. I've noticed that contractions have started much earlier this time around than with my other two pregnancies. Mom and Dad, don't worry...I am smart with my body :)
Speaking of body, I saw this article on pintrest and I love it. So for all you non-pinners out there, here ya go! I love what she has to say about pregnancy and weight gain. I get told a lot just how lucky I am to not gain a lot of extra weight in pregnancy and how quickly it comes off (or has in the past) but really, I don't think it's luck. I think it's the conscious decision and effort I make everyday to live a healthy lifestyle whether I am pregnant or not. Now I don't go to extremes and don't get me wrong, I enjoy a good desert every once in a while but I really do believe that a healthy diet and exercise are the keys to everything. Everything. It's the key to good health, to good self-esteem, to better spirituality, and even a better marriage. I could go on and on but I think she says it better than I could in the article. That being said, I do know that there are always exceptions to this point and I know that I am lucky that my body allows me to be physically active during pregnancy. I know not everyone's body allows them to do that and I am grateful that I can.
Ok, ok enough chit chat. Here are some photos of some different activities that we have been doing lately.
I found these pictures on Justin's camera from back in January. I wasn't there, I don't remember why, but it looks like Justin took the kids with his family hiking one day. I have no idea where they went but it looks like they had fun!
Ellie fell asleep in the car one day and after I took her out of her car seat, I laid her on the couch in the living room. When I went back in to check on her, she had thrown the pillows off and had her head hanging off the couch. She must have been tired :)
The Roots & Boots Rodeo came to town and so we took the kids one night and met our friends the Vilt's there. Ethan loved riding all the rides and Ellie was super happy when she was able to go on some too. Although it was fun, they gouge you big time for anything you want to do there! $5 for parking, $20 for just a handful of tickets, and $10 per person if you wanted to see the rodeo. Ridiculous! We skipped the rodeo and luckily the kids were happy to see the horses in the warm up ring.
I've been loving getting so many good ideas from Pintrest on fun activities to do with the kids in the afternoons! This particular day, we read The Kissing Hand and then made and decorated our very own raccoon masks. I even had some heart stickers laying around that we put in the palms of our hands, just like Chester.
We love decorating our back porch with sidewalk paint! Ellie made a mess and had fun doing it and Ethan was so cute using his artistic skills to paint the porch beautifully :)
The paint is super easy to make. 1 cup cornstarch to 1 cup water. Mix, pour in muffin tins, and add food coloring. Easy peasy and oh so fun!
Oh and speaking of projects, see the grass?? We are excited and it makes our pitiful excuse for a backyard actually seem bigger! Tomorrow's project is to spread rock in the dirt areas and plant some pretty bushes. Yeah, it only took us almost 3 years to do the backyard and just in time for us to move. Have I mentioned we are moving?? We are building a house in Gilbert and are SO excited! It should be done late June/July but more on that later. I think I need to try to go back to sleep. Wish me luck!


2 comments:
yes, more on this move
I thought y'all were loving this big ol house you bought in AZ :)
I think your complaints were totally normal.
good job working hard on your body!
Your kids are so adorable! They will be little heartbreakers one day. :)
Post a Comment