So before I even think about doing our Europe blog, I need to play catch up on some other fun activities that we did with the kids before we left. Justin has been traveling a lot for the past few months. Meaning, he was maybe home for 5-7 days in the whole month (I could be exaggerating, but it was pretty close to that!) One week we had him home for 2 days and he decided that it was time to take a mini vacay just as a family to Tucson. You may not believe it but there is actually a lot to do in Tucson!
First, we went to the Pima Air & Space Museum.
Ethan was in heaven with all the airplanes in this place!
They had fields of airplanes outside that I guess are "retired." There were so many that we didn't even walk around long enough see them all. Most importantly however, they had Ethan's favorite airplane there... The Airplane Shark!
Back when we lived in Mexico, our friend Eduardo had all his airplanes from when he was a boy and one of them was an "airplane shark." Ethan played with it constantly. He loved that thing.
Both the kids loved climbing inside the airplanes and playing with all the gadgets. They also loved searching for moon rocks in the space museum. Ellie was a good helper with her little brush!
In that same trip we went to the International Wildlife Museum. This museum was full of all different kinds of dead animals, and it was really cool! Ethan didn't quite understand how the animals were dead so we settled on that they were just not real. Even now he says "The Just Not Real Animal Museum" when referring to it :)
Ok, onto another trip to Tucson. For Columbus day, we headed down there again but this time with the Smith clan. We stayed in a Worldmark Resort and went to the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum. This was a really fun museum for the kiddos!
Ethan has no fear touching slimy creatures, or really any kind of creature. He definitely does not get that from his mother!
I still don't think the desert is pretty but I really don't mind living in it. Especially when I know the beautiful pine tree'd mountains are only an hour or so away :)
The bat cave was super cool but Ethan was a little concerned that bats were flying around his head and ducked through most of the cave. Isn't he still super cute with gigantic ears??
We headed home that day since it had been awhile since we all had been home together but the rest of the Smith's stayed for another day and went to the Biosphere2. This was a fun little getaway and I'm glad we went! Tucson really is a fun place for kids and I'm glad we live so close!

2 comments:
There is a lot to do down here. We haven't even done a lot of it, like the Air and Space Museum, and we've lived here for almost 3 years! Have you been to the ostrich farm near Picacho Peak yet? I totally recommend it. We had a lot of fun there too. I think there are some pretty parts about living in the desert, but it isn't my favorite climate, I admit. I really miss the season of fall, but I admit, right now, I am really loving our weather and happy we don't have to drive through a ton of snow all winter :)
Ok I see you didn't mention the best part about Tucson which is the most awesome Mexican restaurants you could possibly ask for in one city. Please tell me you hit one up and it wasn't a chain?!?!? :) And if you didn't, I forgive you, but ask next time before heading down there b/c I feel that is the best part about Tucson!
Post a Comment