Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Weekend Getaway to Pinetop!

This last weekend we went up to Pinetop, AZ for a fun little family weekend getaway. Justin's grandma has a condo (of some sorts) up there and let us stay for the weekend. The weather was absolutely beautiful! It was so nice to escape the valley heat and get a breath of fresh air up in the beautiful pines of AZ!

The resort had this old train out in front and this is where Ethan wanted to spend 99% of time. He was in little boy heaven..
Ethan and Daddy putting on the brakes, "just like in Polar Express!" as Ethan would say..
We went put-putting and had fun watching Ethan try to get the ball into the hole. Look at that form! Tiger Woods, watch out!

Justin unfortunately beat me by 2 points but it was a close game! I had a 6 point lead on him and completely lost it on one ridiculous hole... I think he just got super lucky on the hole. It was a hard one :)

If there is one thing I pride myself on, it is that I put up a good fight and sometimes win at silly games like put putt, air hockey, etc. Just recently has Justin got to the point of being able to beat me at ping-pong :)
We went on a walk around a pretty little lake one evening and had fun tricking the ducks into thinking we actually had food for them

And little Ellie enjoyed watching from her stroller
I just love little vacations like this with my most favorite people in the world :)

1 comment:

Laurie Huish said...

My kids had me pull up that picture of Ethan in the train so they could look at it better. They were pretty impressed with "The black train":) This sounds like a fun getaway!