Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Ethan's 2nd Birthday

I seriously can not believe that our little boy is already 2 years old! Where has the time gone?! The other night I was lying in bed thinking about Ethan and how before he was born, I could have never imagined the love I would have for that little baby growing inside of me at that time. I seriously dont remember what life was like before we had him but it must have been boring and dull compared to how our lives are now with Ethan in our lives! He is so much fun and really is a good boy. Before I had Ethan, I was excited to be having a baby but really had no idea how much fun and how rewarding having a child is! I have loved seeing him grow up and all the developmental milestones that have come with it. I really did not understand how much love I could have for one tiny little person either and then how much that love grows as time goes on. I love being a mother! It's the best job there is!

Ok so before I start to cry, here is what we did to celebrate Ethan's 2nd birthday...

Because we were going to be in Minnesota for Ethan's real birthday, we invited all the Smith's out for swimming, cake and ice cream. Unfortunately I dont have any pictures to document going swimming but we did and we had a blast doing it! After, we came back in for some Mario Kart racing which Ethan had to be a part of..


He loves to sit in his "Cars" chair that the Smiths gave him! It's just his size!

After a few rounds of Mario Kart, we decided to have some cake and ice cream! Here is Chalene and than showing off his Wall-e cake. Now before you judge me and my creativity skills I will have to say that this is my first cake to decorate, ever, and I actually think it didnt turn out half bad. Yes, I know some of you have made amazing castle, cars, etc. cakes that blow mine out of the water, but I like my homely little Wall-e cake :) The most important thing though was that it tasted WAY better than it looked!


After that, Ethan opened up his presents. He opened up another present from the Smiths which was a Little Einstein rocket ship with the character Leo included. It's actually the rocket ship turned into a submarine, made for bathtime,but Ethan cant tell the difference. He LOVES Little Einsteins and was SO excited to see this! Infact, we tried to get him to open up a few more gifts from us but nothing was as important as his "Einstein." He would open up our gift, look at it, push it off to the side and say "Einstein, Einstein!" reaching for his Einstein toy :)

Ethan loved the cake! Sometimes it makes me sick to my stomach at how much food this kid can fit in his mouth. He will have no competition in elementry school with the game chubby bunny. He'll beat em' everytime!

We also bought him a Toy Story backpack that rolls on wheels...it's great for traveling!


After cake and ice cream, we all decided that we needed to burn off a few of the calories by doing P90X- Abs.....Justin's family had never heard of it or have seen it before. They thought it was quite the workout!

Here is Ethan wearing Jordan's goggles. They are quite fitting with his Einstein submarine!

Ethan was so happy to have the Smith family over and just played with his aunts and uncles the whole time!
To end this post I would love to tell Ethan (and everyone else) a few reasons why I love him so much:
- I love how you talk ALL the time but I can only understand maybe 40% of what you say...
- I love how you have at least 2 long stories to tell me everday and how you crack yourself up when telling them ..
- I love how you love to jump off of anything and everything that is at least twice your height but yet I am amazed at how you land so gracefully everytime..
- I love racing you from wall to wall in our house and how you say "Red, Set, GO!" everytime, even though you always leave before you say go..
- I love singing songs with you and how you always request another song before going to sleep by saying "More, Sing!"
-- I dont so much love that you can be a hitter and a pusher, but we are working on that, right buddy?!
- I love reading books with you and seeing you learn so many new things
- I love seeing you jump up and down and run around in circles anytime you get excited
- I love hearing you say "Mommy! Mommy!" and then an undecernable (sp?) sentence after..
- I love hearing you repeat prayers, even if it is the last word of the sentence.
- I love how after prayer you always know that "1,2,3 Squeeze" is coming and you get so excited!
- I love how excited you are about life and how much you have taught us over the last 2 years. We love you Ethan and are so grateful that you are part of our little family. Thank you for bringing so much joy and happiness to our home!

Ethan's 2 year stats:
Height: 35.5 inches- 50-75%
Weight- 26 lbs- 25%
Head- 49cm- 50-75%

I also wanted to add a picture time line of Ethan- Sorry, I know that this post is kinda random..

Ethan Justin Smith- a few hours old

A week old

4 months old

6 months old

1 Year old

1.5 years old

2 years old!

7 comments:

Ashley Smith said...

i cant believe he is 2!! So fun! and I LOVE your cake!! It is so cute!!

Marin said...

He is so cute. WOW 2 years old!!! When is baby number two coming to play with him!!!! hee hee!!!

Oriens said...

wow. In two short years Ethan has gone from cute baby to a handsome boy!

p.s. the wall-e cake rocks. Want to make me one and send it our way? =)

Unknown said...

he is so cute... and the cake is awesome! Happy Birthday!!!
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)
hkpanda.freetzi.com

Mama's Makin's said...

ok first, I have to say that YOU HAVE NINTENDO 64 mario cart! :) I LOVE THAT ONE! My family and I would play for hours! Anytime you want some extra racers!! I have the new Wii one, and don't like it as well! :) So fun!

Secondly, my 4 year old girl was looking over my shoulder and wouldn't stop about the WALL-E cake! So she totally knew what it was (as did I) so HEY you did great! Homemade cakes are always better than store bought! :) I think you did wonderful! :) I have some different tips etc if you decided to use them for your next creation you are welcome too! :)

PS we have your boys sippy cup, it was in the crib! :) remind me next time we hook up ! maybe I will remember to bring it to the ch. fact :)

Shannon said...

I love those things about him.. that is so sweet! Especially that he talks all the time but you usually don't know what he's saying! You're getting me excited for our little boy.

Erin Hinckley said...

Ashleigh! I didn't know you had a blog, and I can't believe that Ethan is 2!! I miss playing with him in the locker room! This is Erin Taylor Hinckley, by the way. Now I will have to follow up on what is going on in the Smith family. Our blog is davehink.blogspot.com.