Monday, July 27, 2009

Date Night!

Just to update from my previous post, Justin took me to go see the theatrical (broadway version) performance of Beauty & the Beast and I absolutely loved it!


We saw it at the Hale Center Theater here in Gilbert AZ and it really was an incredible performance. It is a smaller theater but you can see the actors faces, expressions, and everything, and that I love. Going to see broadways, plays, dance performances, etc. has got to be one of my favorite things to go out and do (expensive taste, I know). I'm not sure why but I have cried with every musical/broadway I have seen. I cried in this one, Phantom of the Opera, Les Miserables- I basically bawled through the whole thing, and I also have cried while watching the BYU Cougarettes, the BYU Young Ambassadors, American Idol, etc. This can actually be quite embarrasing when sitting next to strangers who are probably wondering what's wrong with me. I think I am always just in awe at the talent that these people have. I love to watch people sing and dance and I always just think of what a beautiful talent they have been given. I can always feel the spirit when I see or hear these beautiful performances and I think Heavenly Father can really speak to others through those performers. I really wish that I had that sort of talent and I hope that one of my little girls do someday, so I can continue to cry :) Anyways, it was so nice to go for a night out on the town with my sweet husband. I hope we can do it again sometime soon! Thanks Justin for a wonderful night!

5 comments:

Spencer and Anna said...

What a fun date! I cry during those kinds of things, too. I'm a blubbering mess during the Olympics. I'm just inspired by people working so hard and succeeding.

Britni said...

Aww how fun. This was the first musical I remember seeing with my dad when I was like 9. He took me to see it here in DC and I even got a great sweatshirt!

Heather Dayton said...

How sweet of him to surprise you with that! I love going to the Hale Theaters too - it's nice to be so close to the performers. That's one of our favorite musicals too!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I have never thought of performances that way but I will from now on. Thank you for shining such a beautiful light on people and their talents.

Mama's Makin's said...

i am so glad that you loved it. my mother in law had tickets for it and hear some not so good things about it. . . so I am curious now if she saw it and if those peps she talked to were smokin somethin! :)