Friday, May 16, 2014

Easter Weekend in Utah

For Easter weekend we headed up to Utah for Justin's cousins wedding in the Oquirrh Mountian LDS Temple. We love any excuse to go up to UT. I have a few more pictures on my phone from our trip but for some reason it is so hard for me to take 5 minutes to find the plug to hook my phone up to the computer and transfer them. I'm not sure why I can't get motivated to do it! So until I do, here are some pictures from the wedding and Easter Sunday.

Oh how we miss Aunt Caryn. Ellie was overjoyed to see her beloved aunt again. 




 Great Grandpa Chapman is always so good to come up to our kids and give them the biggest hugs ever! I'm pretty sure he does that to all his grand and great grandkids though. 

 Oh how we love Rhonda and Art (Justin's aunt and uncle). They are always SUPER kind to invite a whole army of people over to their house for dinner and they pretty much make the yummiest food ever! Art is quite the cook! They are the sweetest. 

 Ethan was busy being a boy and scaling the walls of the temple while waiting for the Aubrey and her new hubby to come out. Just so you know, matching socks are a battle I just choose not to fight. 

Aubrey and Robert


Apparently Justin, his cousin Austin (the beard man), and Austin's brother, Trevor, were quite the teasers back in the day at family reunions. Some things never change I suppose :)
They used to chase the younger kids around and pull their underwear up and over their heads....I do believe they called them arapahoes.  These two grown men have some pretty funny stories from back in the day.

 






I wish I would've known that my exposure was too bright and was washing out the beautiful snow capped mountains in the background! It was sooooo pretty!






We stayed with Justin's cousin Austin and his wonderful family and attended their church for Easter. After church, I tried to get some pictures of the kids and this was the best I could get. Turns out our 3 kids posing for their mom doesn't really work very well.

I love this candid shot of E&E though. 




I love these 3!!!



For Easter dinner, we headed up to Draper to Art an Rhonda's house for an Easter egg hunt (with the best candy ever inside!) and a fabulous meal after. They had everyone pair up and duck tape a leg together to make the egg hunt a little more fun. The little kids just taped their arms together to make it a little easier. 




Mason had fun looking for eggs too but I really think he was more interested in finding and picking the flowers though.


Now here are two beautiful girls! Chanda (Justin's sister) and our niece Celeste. Celeste is the only other grandkid besides our kids on the Smith side so far. Isn't she a cutie?!



Ellie and Ethan thoroughly enjoyed eating their loot after the egg hunt was over! i don;t even know how much candy these two consumed but I'm sure it was an impressive amount!

I have a few more pictures to add in from our short, but fun weekend in Utah and I'll try to get motivated to do that soon!

Thank you to everyone who fed us, housed us, and entertained us! Our Utah family is the best!

1 comment:

Karen said...

Your Ethan is just looking so grown up! Great pictures of your fun time in Utah.