Is it me or are the months flying by?? I've been trying to convince time to freeze and let me keep our children right where they are in life, but it doesn't seem to be listening. I am absolutely loving the ages that our kids are at and wish I really could keep them right where they are. But since that is impossible, I'm going to soak up their cute ages and the cute things they do.
For example:
Ethan picked out his very own outfit for crazy day at school. I couldn't help but laugh out loud when he came downstairs and I saw how awesome his choice of wardrobe was! You better believe he went to school like that! Ethan has always been full of confidence.
Mason has finally learned to push our kitchen chairs around to wherever he wants and he uses them to climb on the counter tops or to steal food on the counter. I'm surprised that it took him this long!
Ethan had a school play and he was a cool Space Mouse. He was by far the best and most entertaining dancer on stage during the songs :)
Tripp and Ellie always like to help me mow the lawn. They are good little helpers! How cute is it that they have matching lawnmowers?
We seriously live in the best neighborhood ever. Ever. It will take a miracle to get me to willingly move from this place! Some of our awesome neighbors put on a movie night for the kids in the cul de sac about once or twice a month. On this particular Friday night, it was Frozen. There were a ton of people there.
Justin was traveling for a lot of the month of March (and also now in April) so we kept ourselves busy by finding free activities to do. The local airport put on a free flight show day complete with bounce houses, face painting and air shows. Mason was in heaven with all the airplanes and jets flying around!
After about 2 hours there, the kids were done....as you can plainly see by the look on Ellie's face.
Ethan had a holiday and was off of school so we went to the zoo! I love having a zoo membership. It's so nice to not feel like you have to stay the whole day and they have lots of fun things for the kids there. The kiddos especially enjoyed petting the sting rays.
That weekend we also ventured out to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad park in Scottsdale. It is such a cute area and a fun park for the kids.
In the afternoons, prior to when Ethan comes home on the bus, Tripp and Ellie can usually be found either riding their bikes outside or sitting in the front yard shooting the breeze like a couple of old people. They are so funny together!
On this particular night, Ethan had a really, really hard evening which ended with me just holding him and comforting him for a long time. He was thoroughly exhausted from the day which meant bad behavior, which meant consequences, which in the end meant all he really needed was a hug...and a long one at that. When I checked in on him after he had fallen asleep, I saw him cuddling with his panda bear. I teared up with seeing my growing boy still being a little boy. I love that kid.
Mason is still obsessed with flags! He found my Primary singing time box with some fun 4th of July stuff in there.
We never go out to eat, unless we are traveling, but one night we went out to eat at Cracker Barrel and the cutest little grandma stopped by our table and commented on how cute our kids were. She then preceded to give each of them a dollar to buy something for themselves! They were in heaven with the moon pies they bought. I hope I can be that type of grandma someday!!!
The city of Mesa just recently built a huge, beautiful park right by the new Cubs spring training fields. This park is so awesome for both the young and older kids.
There were climbing nets all over the place and Ellie was our little adventurer climbing all over them.
Ethan liked staying on close to the ground but could be heard a mile away crying and screaming to get down when Justin forced him to climb the big one.
The pictures are deceptive... it was really pretty high up there!
The park even has a nice, big splash pad that is gated. That's my kind of splash pad!
The water was a little chilly and this has to be my most favorite pic of Ellie.
Really, on most days though, we are just hanging around the house and soaking up the gorgeous weather before it gets too hot outside, which I do believe is well on it's way here.
We sure love our little Mason man. He is so happy and content and literally loves everything...especially food (and occasionally princess crowns)!
And what kids doesn't love to blow and pop bubbles! An hour of entertainment!
I love these two pictures of Ellie! She cracks me up with all her facial expressions. I'm pretty sure she ate that bubble in the pic below too :)
























2 comments:
Your kids are so cute and are getting so big! I can't believe Ellie turned 4. And I totally feel you on wanting to freeze time so they don't get any bigger. I've been thinking the same thing lately! Hope you guys are doing well. We're jealous of your sunshine ;).
Ashleigh! You have such gorgeous kids! I'm happy to see that you're doing well. I'm curious to know, what kind of camera do you use? You have incredible photos! :) xoxo
Amber (Packard) Seeley
Post a Comment