Is it me or does Halloween feel like it lasts at least a week or two? There's always fall festivals, class parties, neighborhood parties, church parties, and then there's the actual Halloween night!
It sure is a lot of partying but it is oh so fun with kids this age.
Ethan really wanted to be a mummy this year and knowing all I would have to do was rip up old bedsheets for his costume, I was totally ok with that costume choice. Easy and cheap.
So we got him all wrapped up and left for the neighborhood party.
He was convinced that he would be the scariest costume there.
Look, he's even in character!
Ellie went as Ariel and was head over heels in love with her princess dress.
I really tried to get Ethan to take a normal picture but this was as good as it got! Thanks for trying Ellie!!
Unfortunately, Ethan's costume unravelled and he was devastated that no one thought he was very scary at the party. I really felt bad for him and felt bad that my wrapping job wasn't up to par! So for the next party, he decided that choosing from the Halloween costume bin and going as Luke Skywalker from Star Wars would be cooler.
We actually carved our pumpkins before Halloween this year!!! I knew Justin would be out of town for Halloween week and since I would need his super strong muscles to do the carving, we carved them before he left.
The kids thought the pumpkin guts were super cool and both happily participated in gutting the pumpkin out.
On Halloween day, Ellie got to dress up again in her Ariel costume for her preschool party.
She even showed me how Ariel dances too.
I just love this sweet little girl.
When Ethan came home from school, we made these cool little afternoon snacks.
Tripp joined in on the fun too!
Ethan doesn't like peanut butter (thank you picky kids at school for convincing him that he doesn't) so he opted to shove his mouth full of marshmallows to give himself weird looking teeth.
Later that day, we got everyone all dressed up to go out trick or treating!
Ellie: Ariel, Mason: a lobster, and Ethan: Luke Skywalker
Mason was not so happy to be in his costume. He cried for the entire photo shoot!
At least he is the cutest little crying lobster I've ever seen!
Ellie is seriously just the sweetest little thing and looked so beautiful! She was my little poser!
Ethan was putting on a show for me! His faces crack me up!
Here they are all together! Yep, Mason still crying :)
Trick or treating is amazing in our neighborhood. There are SO many kids and SO many people generously giving out candy. One of our neighbors even has a legit haunted house set up. Ethan was too scared to go in and Ellie cried because she wanted to go in! It was very shortly after this that the meltdowns began and we called it good for the night. We were sad that Justin was in Turkey for the week but it was nice that he was in town for the parties the week before.
And that folks was our Halloween 2013! It was a good one.






2 comments:
Kudos to my little nephew for being a Jedi. I was Darth Vader for halloween, so I am glad that we didn't cross paths!
Kudos to my little nephew for being a Jedi. I was Darth Vader for Halloween, so I am glad that we didn't cross paths!
Post a Comment