Our ward had a campout this last weekend up in the beautiful city of Heber. The were a lot of families there and TONS of kids running around. Our kids were filthy, gross, exhausted, and running high on smore sugar but they sure had a lot of fun!
Camping is a LOT of work for the parents and honestly, I'm not much of a camper, but I realized that I am even more of a grumpy camper when bringing babies a long. We will never, never do that again. Mason slept terrible, ended up sleeping in my tiny sleeping bag with me, whenever he was sleeping he was hitting me in the face or head butting me as he was making himself comfy. I pretty much didn't sleep. Anyways, it was worth it for our kids experience, but babies won't be coming along next time :)
Have I mentioned before that we have a billion kids in our ward? Maybe just a few times right? I guess I'm just always amazed at how many kiddos we have running around within a 5 street radius. So our kids were running wild along with everyone elses' kids and it was so great to just let them!
I stole a picture of these little cuties who were picking flowers and braiding each others hair...
Meanwhile... the boys were having the time of their lives running through this muddy water, finding snakes, twirling them around their heads, stuffing the snakes down each others shirts, killing tadpoles and heaven knows what else.
Ethan is sitting down in the orange shirt. All those boys were soaked!
There is a drastic difference between boys and girls.
It was fun staying up way too late talking to the adults and getting to know other members of our ward better. We are so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people!
Everyone took off just before noon... There was a BYU football game to hurry home to watch :)
No comments:
Post a Comment