September was a great month!
We started off the month with buying a new car...
What's really funny is when this model of the Honda Odyssey came out I said something like, "That's the ugliest thing I've ever seen and will never drive that hideous thing around." Turns out, it grew on me and I LOVE it . You just can't beat the practicality of a minivan with kids. I was sad to see my faithful suburban go though. I loved that thing!
The next day we drove to UT in our for Justin's Aunt Rhonda's sealing in the Draper, UT Temple. I can't believe I don't have one picture of our trip but we sure had a lot of fun and it was so neat to be able to be inside the temple witnessing the marriage for all eternity of two very special people. After the sealing, we went to a bounce place in Provo and jumped around to our hearts content!
We hung out a lot at home for the rest of the month. I sure am blessed with these cute kiddos!
Have I mentioned how much I just love and adore this sweet baby?
He is so mild mannered and is just the happiest little thing there is.
My friend and old neighbor, Katie, came to visit us while she was here visiting her family. All 3 of our kids are pretty much the exact same ages, like within a week of each other!
We were sad Ethan was in school and unable to play with his good buddy Parker.
Sweet Sarah is a week older than Mason....
I'm pretty sure Sarah is more of a normal size than Mason is! I forget how tiny he is until he gets next to a baby with squeezable thighs like that!
I think Mason is about 3.5 months old here. He became much more coordinated with grabbing objects about this time.
He also got a haircut. He was rocking the old man look really well...
He had all this hair in the back but literally NO hair on top. It just had to go...
Much better!
It has been so fun to have Ellie home with me. She is just my little buddy and is just about the cutest thing there is.
She is so sweet and says the cutest little things. She speaks really well for her age but still thinks that Mommy's opinion is right. Love her. :) She is growing up WAY too fast.
She loves to paint, draw and color
and is the craziest sleeper I've ever seen!!
She always makes me laugh with the outfits (or lack of outfit) she chooses.

This one just makes me laugh...
She is also fully potty trained! Woo hoo! I tried about 3 months ago to potty train her and it was disastrous. After a week of no improvement and pooping on our floor 3 times I called it quits. I guess she just needed a practice round because when I tried again 2 months later, it was seriously the easiest thing I've ever did!
I love sitting down and eating lunch with her everyday. We eat our food and usually talk about Dora :)
Speaking of cute and growing up too fast, here is Mason at 4 months...
Stats:
Weight: 10lbs 10oz- Way below the charts
Height- 25in 50-75th %tile
Head- 41.5 23-50%tile
The doctor is concerned about his poor weight gain and wants me to chunk him up on formula 3 times a day. I'm not too hip on that idea since he is such a good nurser and he is getting plenty of milk from me but I would do it if he would only take a bottle. Well, I take that back.. he will only take a bottle from me with breastmilk in it. Weird , I know. He refuses to take a bottle from anyone else and would rather starve for 8 hours than to drink formula. I don't blame him... his special non-milk based formula smells so nasty! He used to take a bottle fine but has become more picky in his older age :)
I was suppose to go back for a weight check but I know I'm just going to hear the same thing and there really isn't much else I can do so hopefully his 6 month check up will bring better news!
As usual, I can't decide on which pictures to take out so here's a whole bunch of them.
Look at those skinny little legs!!
Mason is a rolling maniac! I might as well put the swing away since he just tries to roll out of it.
He is such a blanky baby. Ellie was the same way. If he is fussy, I just give him a blanket and he calms right down. He is such a sweetheart and we are so grateful that he is part of our family!
September is also the start of college football season and my husband we love college football! :) We had a ward party the same day as BYU's opening game and everyone was decked out in their BYU paraphernalia. There were a few U of U folks who proudly wore their crimson t-shirts.
It's tough to get all 3 kids to take a good picture!
We absolutely love our new neighborhood and the ward is amazing! The weather is cooling down and the parks are filling up with kids. It's so fun to walk a few houses down to a beautiful green belt area with the park right there. There are a TON of kids in this neighborhood and it seems like everyone has kids the exact same ages as ours.
Oh and I forgot to mention that in September I was hired on as an aerobics instructor at LA Fitness!! I teach Kickboxing (or TurboKick) and Boot Camp and will hopefully be adding on more formats in the future. I love it and look forward to teaching every week!
Well, that's all for now! Hopefully I can start being better at posting more than once every month or so :)





5 comments:
That was a great post!
Aimi Lark wore her BYU hairbows to school today :)
We have loved our mini van too. I told Jake once my kids can buckle themselves in I'm getting a suburban haha.
That was a great post!
Aimi Lark wore her BYU hairbows to school today :)
We have loved our mini van too. I told Jake once my kids can buckle themselves in I'm getting a suburban haha.
You caved, you have a mini van! hahah I love how you thought it was so ugly, lol. I'm glad you love it now though! Ellie's outfits are SOO funny!!! hahahah Also holy cow mason compared to your friends baby, wow! her baby looks like she is like 2 years old, wow! Oh and Congrats on teaching kickbox and bootcamp, you are amazing!
Sounds like a fun-filled month! congrats on the job, I'm sure you're a great teacher!
Your kids are seriously adorable! And is it weird that I'm a little jealous of your minivan? ;) Honda Oddyseys are great for kids.
Post a Comment