In mid June we drove up to northern Utah for the Chapman Family Reunion. Justin's mom is a Chapman and is one of 6 sisters. Each of these sisters have a ton of kids in which those children are now having children and basically it was a ton of fun people all in one place! We stayed in a Worldmark resort right by the beautiful and freezing Bear Lake. Here are some of the activities we did:
Played all day every day with second cousins..
Chased everyone around with water guns! That was hours of fun right there for the kids. Thank you to whoever brought them!
Played with Aunt Rhonda. She is so good to everyone's kids. We just love her.
Cousin Austin has some quads that he graciously let us ride around the many trails that were nearby. Ethan pretty much thought that they were the coolest things ever.
Launched bottle rockets from Grandpa's homemade bottle rocket launchers. Grandpa was so cute spending hours out there with the little kids helping them. Ellie loved it!
Hillbilly Golf
Explored the Minnetonka Caves. Mason and I missed out on this activity due to it being freezing cold down there and him only being 3 weeks old.
Played around in the freezing water! I love that Ethan thought he had to hold his shorts up so high :)
G&G Chapman lost their side mirror on the trip up. I guess this is one way to fix it!
Played some intense games of sand volleyball...
Participated in some hair, massage, and nail care classes.
And we had a ton of fun out on the boat!
Caryn & Ethan
I LOVE this picture of Ellie with her daddy!
She was so cute out there. She is one fearless little girl!
Speaking of fearless, Justin had the most amazing air ever. I swear the tube went up 10 feet in the air. He almost stuck the landing too...almost :)
Here is all 6 sisters with grandma and grandpa.
Aren't they so cute?
We also went hiking up the canyon at a really pretty lookout spot. I was having so much fun chatting that I totally missed the lookout. I bet it was pretty though!
After the reunion, we stayed another night at Austin & Roseanne's (pretty sure I spelt your name wrong!) house but on the way we stopped in SLC to show Ethan Temple Square. While we were there we visited the new mall there as well.
I just love Utah. I think I could live there again!
It seems as if Utah has been a hot spot for fires this year and this is a picture of a fire that was right by Austin's house in Eagle Mountain. It doesn't look that big in the picture but it was huge! The smoke traveled all the way over to the point of the mountain.
We always love any excuse to go back to UT and the reunion was definitely worth the trip of driving 14 hours with 3 kids stuffed in the back of our little Civic! Luckily we will be heading back up there again for Rhonda's sealing in 2 weeks!
Big thanks to everyone for letting me steal and use your pictures :)
Big thanks to everyone for letting me steal and use your pictures :)













5 comments:
Awwww!! 14 hours in a little Civic, how sad and funny. I'm glad it was SO worth it! I'm sad you were only in like 2 pictures on here, make sure you remember your kids want to remember YOU being there too! I love the hilbilly mirror, hahahah! Thisis this first time someone CAN'T blame it on the south huh? ;)
Family reunions are great! We are heading back out to Arizona next week and will be there for a couple weeks. I hope we can meet up with you guys some time. I will have to call you and see what you are up to soon.
Gorgeous pics!!! Ellie is getting more hair!! Also I was so Impressed with the new mall!
It looks so much fun!!!
If you are really coming to Utah in 2 weeks we would love to see you guys - even if just for a minute. Let me know - we could meet anywhere - or come to our house.
Post a Comment