Friday, July 27, 2012

Mason @ 2 Months

 I can and also can't believe that mason is already 2 months old. I can believe it because not only does it feel like he's always been a part of the family but honestly the first month of his life was pretty hard with his whole dairy allergy thing. If only we would've been able to figure that out sooner! 

He is such a sweet little guy who's smiles seriously melt my heart!

2 month olds really don't do all that much but here are some things that little Mason is doing:

2 Month Stats:

9lbs 8oz - 5th %tile
23.5 inches long- 75th %tile.

He is tall and skinny!
  • He is getting close to sleeping through the night. He goes to bed at 10pm and wakes up somewhere around 4 or 5. Just recently I've just been putting him in bed with me at that time and he just goes right back to sleep until 7am without eating. Yes, yes I know... sleeping in bed with me.... I consider it more of a cuddle time than anything. When you have 3 kids I think you just go into survival mode :)
  • He eats every 3 hours on the dot. He is like clockwork. I like the 7, 10 schedule for now. 
  • Have I mentioned how much I adore those big smiles of his?? He will smile at me even if I'm not looking at him! Oh and those coos and squeals of excitement. I just can't get enough. 
  • He is blowing out of his diapers much less frequently
  • He still loves to keep his hands clenched right by his face.  We call him our little boxer. Maybe that's from all the Turbo Kick I did when I was pregnant with him
  • He has the skinniest little frog legs, ever. I have no idea where he gets those from :)
  • He is still a little guy. Everyone is shocked when they find out that he is over 2 months old. They  think he is just a little newborn!
  • He is starting to follow me with his eyes when I am walking closely by
  • He still spits up but it isn't NEAR the amount it was when I was eating dairy.
  • He rolls from tummy to back.
  • He is SO strong. The doctor always laughs at him with how strong he is. She said that she wouldn't be surprised if he was crawling and walking early. Great.... :) 

These pictures were taken when he was about 7 weeks or so at my parent's house in Minnesota...
Look at those tiny legs!!

These pictures were all taken a few days ago... He looks so different from the pictures above!

 He is starting to finally fill out! Yay!



Maybe it's just me but I think Mason and baby Ethan look SO much alike! Ethan was just a little more chunky....
 Our little boxer...

                       As of right now he has huge blue eyes. Don't believe me??? See below...

Haha!

We just love having this little guy in our family!!

3 comments:

Barrett and Lindsay Smith said...

Oh man, that last picture cracked us up! We think he looks like Ellie as well... it's funny, all 3 of your kids have a little scowl when they are young. We loved Ellie's, and Ethan had it in the BYU picture. Mason has it too :). Glad he is finally putting on the pounds! I guess Lindsay will have to be playing a lot of volleyball while she is pregnant so that our babies will have setter hands instead of boxer hands :)

Kayla and Joshua said...

Oh mjy goodness he is adorable!! When did your parents move to Minnesota? And I know exactly where he got his skinny little legs...from YOU!

Kayla and Joshua said...

Here is the gumbo recipe:

Chicken Thighs

Link sausage

Doguet's Roux

Onion

Bell pepper

Green onion

Rotel tomatoes

Tomato sauce

Tony's seasoning




Boil chicken and remove from bone. Add roux to chicken stock (more for darker/thicker gumbo). Boil until dissolved. Add vegetables, seasoning and meat. Simmer for 1-2 hrs.

my adivce: get you some GOOD FLAVORED sausage. it makes a difference. when i added it in the croc pot i poored everything in (only use half the roux) and just let it cook then i mixed it and chopped it after

hope you like it! :)