Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!!


I hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day and was spoiled by their significant other!

For the past 2 weeks or so, Justin has been in town and it has been heavenly! I told him, "So is this how normal people live?? Having their husbands home by 6pm every night, helping with dinner, dishes, putting the kids to bed?? I could definitely get used to this!" But alas, it was short lived as he left this week for a heavy schedule of 3 consecutive weeks of travel. There is always a calm before the storm, I suppose! I think this makes the 3rd year in a row that he has been gone for V-Day but I'm not complaining, I promise :) I think his dad has been gone traveling for the past like, 20 v-days and anniversaries so I'm definitely counting my blessings!!

We knew that we wouldn't be seeing much of each other this month so this last weekend we took a little 2 day getaway up to Flagstaff, AZ- sans kids (thanks to the Smiths)! It was SO nice. We really didn't do much of anything which was just what we wanted.

We stayed in a nice condo we got off his dad's bonus time and enjoyed watching movies, playing games, eating at a yummy restaurant,  and cuddling and talking by the fire while drinking hot cocoa at night.....

 Perfect.

I just love this guy of mine and I love the amazing person that he is.
His 30th b-day is coming up in March so I'll save all the sappy bragging about him until then but just know that I pretty much think he is perfect. :)

It was a good day with the kiddos though. I gave them the little box of chocolates and super hero valentine's day cards (Ellie doesn't know any different) that we got for them and they were elated that mommy actually gave them candy. We colored, played games and watch the new Jake and the Neverland Pirates Movie together. It was a chill but fun day. 

Ethan was SO cute giving me this picture he drew for me a last Sunday at church. He kept it a surprise the whole time until he gave it to me today. Impressive secret keeping for a 4 year old, right?!

He is really big into spelling things out himself lately and this one says this..."MA DAD I  LV YU"
Translation: Mom Dad I Love You.
So cute. I love the hearts, the smiley faces underneath, Ellie and her bow on top of her head, and I think one of those other stick figures are Ethan and the baby maybe? Speaking of, today he drew a picture of our family and added a huge belly to me. Nice. :) He really is such a sweet little boy and I will treasure this picture!!

We sure love our little family and Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Mama's Makin's said...

um no. I think maybe since he is only home sometimes he is extra helpful :) My hubby is usually home boy 6:45 so no time to help with dinner - and he is usually too wiped out to help with dishes.

he DOEs often make the dinners on the week ends though - and one of the days he is home early - he helps with dishes on the week ends usually (but during the week - too warn out :) so . . . I don't know if that dream you were describing is reality for anyone else ;)