I figured that I should post about pre-Christmas festivities before the real deal comes in just a few days. Which, can you believe that it is almost 2012?! Did this last year go by too fast for anyone else?!
Well, I have had two jolly little elves helping me decorate for Christmas this year!
They have been wearing their Santa caps around the house (and also to bed), we've been listening to Christmas music, and Ellie is so good at saying "ho ho ho" anytime she sees something Christmassy!
Speaking of Christmas music, I was in the other room and heard Ethan singing this. I ran to grab my camera just in time to catch him singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town....Jackson 5 style of course! :)
Don't you just love his attempt at some powerful runs at the end? Haha!
Speaking of Christmas music, I was in the other room and heard Ethan singing this. I ran to grab my camera just in time to catch him singing Santa Claus is Coming to Town....Jackson 5 style of course! :)
Don't you just love his attempt at some powerful runs at the end? Haha!
They've helped me decorate the house and we've been doing a few fun Christmas crafts throughout the week. I love the newest addition to our holiday decor...
Thanks Pintrest for the snowman idea!
They loved decorating the tree! Only the mid section of the tree was decorated (I guess it is the perfect height for Ethan to reach) so I had to go back through and make a few adjustments on it. I think they did a fabulous job though!
I've never really thought these two look alike but they definitely have the squinty eyes when smiling in common. :)
Oh and this cute little smiling face of Ellie's will never get old!
Mesa High had their Winter Formal a few weeks ago and I was lucky enough to have Caryn let me do her hair again! I even got to do her friend Jessica's hair as well. Have I mentioned how much I love doing this?!
Here is Jessica's hair....
Simple but so elegant.
Caryn wanted her hair up this time so after a billion bobby pins, this was the final product...
It's so easy to fix someones hair when natural beauty makes everything look good!
She looked so pretty in her green dress too.
Ethan was so stunned by her beauty that I guess he had trouble getting out what he wanted to say!
We are excited for the Christmas activities with the Smith family this weekend and Ethan is really looking forward to seeing Santa this year! Rumor has it that Santa will be making an appearance at Bass Pro Shop this Friday and he is excited to give him this:
let's see if you can translate it...
-Dragon Castle
-Legos
-Transformers (How he knows what they are, I have no clue!)
He is very excited about giving it to Santa. Isn't Christmas so magical with little ones? I love it.
This last weekend, we drove down to Tucson for Davin's graduation from U of A. (He is Justin's younger brother).
It was so fun to see Aunt Rhonda there. She took such good care of us when we were going to school in UT and always cooked us awesome Sunday dinners. We love to see her anytime we can!
Ellie was just tired and grumpy with everyone that day :)
The whole family with the Chapman grandparents and Grandma Smith.
Yay! He finally graduated!!!
I had to snap this cute picture of Ellie listening and watching a movie on the way back to Phoenix. Isn't she so darn cute?!
And finally, for Family Home Evening (FHE) this week, we went to the Mesa Temple to look at the always impressive temple lights.
Although I'm not sure what the kids enjoyed more, the lights or the yummy ice cream cones after :)
I've been kind of a homebody lately and we have been just hanging out a lot at home or walking to the nearby park. Is that so bad that I just like to stay home sometimes and bore my children to death? Probably :)
We have fun though.
Oh and did I forget to mention that we will be finding out what Baby #3 is Christmas morning?? We are doing a semi- short surprise and will be finding out then! I'm thinking girl but I could be wrong!
Stay tuned for the announcement!!




3 comments:
What a cute snowman on the fridge! And those smiles for your christmas elves are darling. Also, you are so good at doing hair!! I'm impressed :)
You are so talented with doing hair!! They both look beautiful! And I love Ethans letters, I love how his and Bella's "S"'s are alike. S is a hard one, haha. Don't you love seeing them learn to write?! So fun. And I wish you had posted that fridge snowman earlier, that is SO cute, I totally would have copied you. Or maybe if I would have gotten on Pinterest more I would have seen it. I love pinterest! And BTW, so happy your pregnancy is going so well.
I love the hair styles. The snowman is a cute idea! How are you finding out the baby on Christmas morning? My only guess is that you already had your ultrasound, but that they put it in an envelope. I was kind of confused for a minute there because doctors aren't in on Christmas, but I think I finally figured it out! What a fun idea.
Post a Comment