Thursday, November 18, 2010

Some Changes Around Here...

We have been busy little bees for the past few weeks and I need to post about Young Women in Excellence, Ellie, and this last weeks work conference but I need to find my camera before I can do any of that! Hopefully I have just misplaced it somewhere in the house.

Anyways, back to the changes that have been going on.. This last week we had Stake Conference for our church and after the session our ward and another ward had a special meeting to attend. There they announced that they are taking 2 wards and making 3. We all knew it was coming since we had around 650 people and 120 plus elders. That's a TON of people in a ward! As far as our young women, we had about 30 girls total and now we are down to 18. In our presidency, we lost our amazing president, Jill. We are all so sad that she is no longer with us! So officially, our presidency is dissolved until they call another Young Womens (YW) President but our callings for now are to keep YW going until told otherwise. As of now, Justin is still in the Elder's Quorum Presidency and I think they are all relieved they no longer have 120 plus elders to take care of :)

Oh I hope I still get to keep my calling! If you are now the YW President and are reading this, please, please please keep me in there! You don't even have to keep me in the presidency... make me an advisor or something! I love being in YW and I think if I get "kicked" out, there might be some pleading, begging, and groveling going on- surely the Bishopric wouldn't want that, right?! :) Seriously though, I'm not really one to plead or grovel so most likely I wouldn't even say anything if I get called out of there, but I would be sad. Very sad.

We still have a ton of people in our ward and I wouldn't be surprised if we split again in the next few years. I bet the Bishop's are breathing a sigh of relief though because now all 3 wards are much more manageable. Change is necessary but it sure is sad to let our friends go. Luckily most of them, who are in the new ward, live walking distance away... so it's not too bad.

*For those of you who did not understand a word of this post, no worries. There is a lot of LDS vocabulary in there :)

1 comment:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

you are too cute
good luck w/all that