Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wow, a lot has happened these last few weeks so here are the main things that have been going on with us:

  • We both graduated from BYU! I graduated in Early Childhood Education and Justin in International Relations with a Business minor. Both families came to see us graduate. Due to the lack of room for hospitality in our small apt, just my parents were able to stay with us. It was so nice to see everybody again.
  • Shortly after graduation, we moved from cold Provo to sunny Mesa, Az. We are living with Justin's family here until the end of July, and then we will head down to Mexico. Despite what you may be thinking, we love living with the family! They have fixed up the spare bedroom in the garage and have given it to us to stay in while we are here. They have been so good to take us in and we have a lot of fun with them.
  • As some of you know, we are living here for Justin to get trained with the company. They have already taken him out into the field to go to work. Last week he went to New Mexico and this week he is in northern Mexico. The tentative plans for his travels the rest of the summer are as follows : Taiwain, Korea, Mexico (many times), Guatemala, Costa Rica ( which I get to go!) and who knows where else. He really seems to be loving his job and is catching on quick.
  • Ethan turned 10 months old! He caught some kinda virus plus an ear infection, so the past few weeks have not been fun. He's doing much better now.
  • We are attending the Spanish branch here for church and I quickly realized how much Spanish I have lost our first Sunday. It's pretty frustrating. I am really trying though to help out the struggling branch as much as I can despite not being able to understand anything. Justin was called as first counselor in the Young Men's Presidency. He has his work cut out for him though with there only being 5 young men in the branch and all 5 are inactive.
  • I am loving being a stay at home mom! It is still a little weird for me though to not have to live by my planner every second of every day. I just feel like I'm on vacation though.. it hasn't really set in that I'm home for good.

So basically that is what we have been up to for the past few weeks... and now here are some recent pictures:



The whole fam With my parents...darn those shadows!
We did it!

Hmm.. not sure why this pic is smaller but here is Ethan in his very own cap and gown!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

great update! I am so excited for y'all! and cute cap and gown! I have never seen that before :)

Amy said...

Love it! A) I'm so jealous that you are going back to Mexico. Jeff and I are inviting ourselves to come and visit you :) B) I'm so jealous that Justin is going to Taiwan. What part? Tell him that he needs to try baozi and hi-chews... so yummy! C) Super cute little cap and gown! Where did you get? I've been looking for a pattern to make Lily one for our August graduation but I would much rather buy one :) D) We just liek you a lot!

Amy Parker
http://theparkerzarker.blogspot.com

jeff and alli said...

Congrats! That is so exciting. Sounds like you will be seeing lots of new places. :)

Marielle said...

Congrats on graduating!!! That is so exciting. Ethan is so cute! That little cap and gown were adorable! Enjoy staying home. There's nothing like it.

Britni said...

I know this is really late but congrats. I'm sure it feels great!!