Monday, January 21, 2008

Christmas 2007

I'm so sorry for neglecting our blog lately. We have been so busy with school that I just haven't made nor found the time to blog. For those of you who don't know, both Justin and I graduate in April! Yahoo! Justin is still doing research for a professor and is only taking 7 credits up on campus and 1 Independent study class. Even with less classes this semester, he manages to stay super busy since he is watching Ethan pretty much the whole day... can we say "Mr. Mom??" I am in what they call my "cohort" semester of teaching. This is where I am both teaching in the schools 3 days a week ( which starts in Feb) and also taking 6 theory classes up on campus ( I am also trying to finish up 2 Independent Study classes as well!) I'm still working as manager of the Women's Locker Room on campus so I'm gone pretty much everyday from 9am to 6pm, and that doesn't even include homework time. I love the classes I am taking so it makes my busy schedule much more bearable.
For Christmas we went down to AZ to see The Smith side of the family. This was my first "real" holiday experience with them. The last Christmas that we were down there was right after we were married. We flew in Christmas morning from our honeymoon in Hawaii and then had our open house reception a few days later, which didn't leave to much time to just relax. So this time I got to experience the whole she-bang! We had a spiritually filled Christmas Eve with the Chapman grandparents and then Christmas day we had double dinner duty with both sides of the family! A few days after Christmas we drove to California with the family to go to SeaWorld! It was a blast! It was so nice to be with family and just take a break from the hectic life of school and work! Thanks to Justin's parents for making our Christmas vacation so fun and memorable! Here are a few pics...



The family opening up presents
Ethan's new toy from G&G Smith
Justin got some binoculars
Ethan and Nathan

4 comments:

jeff and alli said...

Ashleigh, Rees has the same outfit as Ethan in that last picture, super cute. Sounds like you had a great holiday. Don't you just love family time? I love that you get to relax while others play with the baby. :)

AmyLyn said...

Ashleigh! I think about you guys all the time--your little boy is SO fun to watch grow up. He is so beautiful. Every time my little Ella watches the Barbie Movies, I think of you! Same face, same voice, same body! You are basically Barbie! Anyway, it's fun to keep up with y'all! Call next time you're in Texas!
AmyLyn

Anonymous said...

wow y'all are busy! seeing these pics made me miss AZ for a second but then I remembered the "wonderful" summers there haha... but the MESA Temple is GORGEOUS!

Marielle said...

I loved getting caught up! Good luck with teaching now and this final semester. You're going to love it!